As the Restaurant Manager you will responsible for the overall running of the Restaurant, working directly with the Owner/Head Chef, we are looking for a dependable, self-reliant and committed professional.
- Create and implement a local focused wine list that has character and fun
- Create a cocktail and beer list of equal quality
- Drive a strong training program
- Staff hiring, rostering, training, and supervising
- Work closely with the Head Chef to meet revenue objectives
- Follow company policies and procedures regarding the handling of cash, property, products and equipment
- Inventory audits, stock ordering, stock take
Ideally you will possess
- A vibrant personality and positive demeanor
- Excellent attention to detail and personal presentation
- Thorough wine knowledge - this is a must
- Experience in hatted or Michelin starred restaurants
- Ability to plan, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Big picture mindset
This is an extremely hands-on management position, and you will spend most of your time working directly with employees and interacting with customers.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right person to put their mark on the Hawke's Bay dining scene, be involved in all decision making to grow our business and create something to be proud of.
Great Salary package on offer.
This position is mostly autonomous, we want a big picture thinker, someone who has drive to take our service and beverage list to the next level. Expect to work hard - but you will be rewarded well for that effort. The standard has been set, now we want to continue to improve and move the bar higher.
To apply, send CV and cover letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org